SUBMISSIONS

Earthplace Visitor is reviewing artistic essays, poetry, and travel commentaries relevant to "place."

Submit such writings for publication review to: BronzeDietrich@gmail.com.

Write "Submission for review" in the Subject line of your email.

2009-11-12

Konoba Lokanda Peskarija (a fisheria)




So
another day here
I am back


to dine
at Konoba Lokanda
Peskarija. 


This seaside
bar restaurant is found
at the fishing port


where
boats are docked near
nautical ruins.


This seaside
local hot spot
again, feels lonely.


Perhaps
it is early
what luck for a seat.

Here
an eclectic décor
displays pirate masks


on a scale,
an old Singer
sewing machine 


on a barrel
propped atop a wine rack
next to a pie cabinet


American looking
strangely enough,
and, another wine


rack
stores old dusty bottles 
of wine.


No one
else has arrived 
yet


I will
eat here from a pot
made of black iron


filled with grilled
squid, sardines, garlic
and wedge sliced lemons.


I will
drink dark Loska beer
cold, no head.


Here comes
the thick country bread
and olive oil.


I raise my glass
to toast all new
friends


but none have come
so I toast the wait-staff
I cannot see


because they work
so hard at Konoba
Lokanda Peskarija


to serve me
here, although I dine
alone


until
another day when
I return


to eat, drink
and meet at Konoba
Lokanda Peskarija.

No comments: